Skin Boosting Threads Information in San Diego
Pre-Skin-Boosting Threads Treatment in La Jolla
You may not be a good candidate for this treatment if you have any of the following conditions. Please contact the office or your provider if you are unsure if you should have this treatment performed.
- History of COVID vaccine in the past 2 weeks or plan on getting it in the following 2 weeks after treatment
- If you have a history of COLD SORES, please make sure your provider is aware of this ahead of time. You may require a prescription medication prior to your appointment in order to decrease the risk of recurrence.
- History of keloid scars, scleroderma, collagen vascular diseases, bleeding disorders, active bacterial or fungal infection, compromised immune system
- History of facial filler treatment in the past 4 weeks
- Botox within the past 5 days or plan on getting botox within the next 5 days
- Active acne in the area being treated
- History of anaphylaxis allergy
- Any allergy or foreign body sensitivities to plastic biomaterials.
- Allergy to local anesthesia medications (lidocaine, tetracaine, benzocaine, etc)
- Smoking and alcohol should be avoided for at least 1 week before the procedure because they can dehydrate the skin, increase risk of bruising, and delay healing.
- Avoid consuming omega fish oils, vitamin E, chili ginseng, garlic, krill and other such supplements at least two days before the treatment.Green and ginger teas should be avoided as well. All of these can increase the risk of bruising.
- Aspirin based products, like Naproxen/Naprogesic, Neurofen and Ibuprofen should be avoided for at least 1 week prior to treatment to decrease risk of bruising.
Post-Skin-Boosting Threads Treatment Care
What to expect:
- You may notice immediate visible results after treatment due to soft tissue swelling; however the actual benefits from this treatment are not generally visible until about 4 weeks after and continue to improve in the months following.
- Experiencing slight discomfort and soreness in the first week after the procedure is completely normal. Overall no major pain is expected and recovery is quick, with most patients able to return right to work and normal activities.
- Swelling and bruising can occur.
- Your provider may recommend a short course of antibiotics following your treatment in order to decrease the risk of infection.
Skin-boosting smooth thread placement can have a minimal recovery time, but there is still plenty you can do to expedite your recovery and achieve optimal results.
- Avoid picking and manipulating your skin at the procedure site. This can cause bruising, infection, perforation of the threads through the surface of the skin
- Avoid immersing yourself in a bath or public water (pools or ocean) for one week following your procedure
- For bruises and hematomas you may apply cold compresses to the area intermittently during the first 24 hours.
- Arnica or Vitamin K may be used after the procedure for 5-7 days for if needed. We do carry Arnica pellets at the office.
- You may take Tylenol for discomfort, though this is rarely needed for just smooth thread placement.
- Do not sleep on your face for a few days. Sleep with your head elevated for the first few nights to reduce swelling.
- Do not pull your skin, massage or scrub the skin for at least 3 weeks.
- Avoid dental work and vaccinations for at least 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after thread placement.
- Avoid skin treatments (including laser hair) for at least 4 weeks after.
- Call the office if you experience fever or increased redness or drainage from the procedure sites or if a thread begins to poke through the skin.
Have You Reviewed Us Yet?
YOU'RE our WHY. Which is why we rely almost solely on your word of mouth. Your reviews are so appreciated because it helps others begin their skincare journey, and keeps us focused on what we love to do most. We'd love to thank you for sharing why you love PFAM in a Google review here. We'll be sending you a thank you offer for your time.