- We do not recommend scheduling your filler within two weeks of a COVID vaccine. A very small number of patients (in the Moderna study) who had dermal filler experienced a rare non-life threatening reaction after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine. Those patients experienced facial swelling that was not severe and in all cases resolved quickly with the use of oral steroids and/or antihistamines resulting in no long-term adverse effects. If you would like to discuss this further with your provider prior to your appointment, please do so.
- Dental work should NOT be scheduled within 2 weeks of your filler appointment.
- To decrease the risk of bruising, avoid any blood-thinning medications such as aspirin, motrin, and Ibuprofen in the week before your treatment. Avoid alcohol for 24 hours prior to your treatment as well.
- You may begin taking oral Arnica pellets starting two days before your treatment and for the week after to assist with healing and recovery. We do carry these at the office.
Your appointment may be associated with an injection fee ($150) and will be discussed with you by your provider if applicable.
Please call us if you have any questions or concerns about your appointment. 858-230-2876
- If you have pain out of proportion of what you would expect, color changes of the skin or pustules that form in the area or surrounding area of your treatment, this could be a sign of a more serious adverse event called an occlusion. If you are experiencing any of these signs or symptoms, please notify the office or your provider immediately as there is a small window where treatment can be administered for an occlusion.
- Within the first 24 hours, please avoid strenuous exercise, extensive sun or heat exposure, and alcoholic beverages. Exposure to any of these may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection sites. If there is swelling, you may place an ice pack over the swollen area.
- The treated area can be gently washed with soap and water. Avoid makeup for 12 hours or use light, mineral make-up.
- Avoid active skincare ingredients for 24 hours.
- Avoid aggressive rubbing/massage of the area for 24 hours. Try to sleep on your back for a couple of days.
- You could experience increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site if you are taking aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen. If a bruise does occur it can last 2 weeks or more. Arnica is helpful to decrease the duration of bruising and swelling.
- Rarely, visible lumps may occur temporarily following the treatment, please let your provider know if this is the case.
- Dental work should NOT be scheduled for at least 2 weeks after your appointment.
- In rare cases, the COVID vaccine has been associated with facial swelling in those known to have facial fillers. If you experience facial swelling, contact the office or your provider or go the Emergency Room.
- Most patients are pleased with the results of dermal filler. However, like any cosmetic procedure, there is no guarantee that wrinkles and folds disappear completely, or that you will not require additional treatments to achieve the results you seek. While the effects of many fillers last longer than other comparable treatments, the procedure is still temporary. Additional injections will be required periodically, generally within 6-12 months to maintain optimal results.
**Call the office or contact your provider if you are experiencing pain out of proportion to what you expect for your treatment.
**If you received Hyperdilute Radiesse for skin tightening, we DO want you to massage the area 2x per day for 1 week following your treatment.
Have You Reviewed Us Yet?
YOU'RE our WHY. Which is why we rely almost solely on your word of mouth. Your reviews are so appreciated because it helps others begin their skincare journey, and keeps us focused on what we love to do most. We'd love to thank you for sharing why you love PFAM in a Google review here. We'll be sending you a thank you offer for your time.